Our warm, caring and home-like environment is designed to foster the enrichment of all areas of a child’s growth and development. Our goal is to enable each child to reach their full potential and to provide the highest quality care and education for all children.
In this, we are guided by the following principles:
- We believe in smaller groupings of children to allow for a more child-focused program.
- We believe that the environment is the third teacher and we strive to create a learning space of which the children are proud.
- We believe in caring for children holistically. We foster their self-esteem by celebrating their successes and building their independence; their physical well-being through exercise programs and healthy eating; their emotional well-being through yoga, meditation and music classes; and their social well being through positive relationships and positive interactions with each child.
- We believe that each child is an individual and special in their own way. We advocate for the right of each child to express themselves and we honour their heritage, culture and beliefs.
- We believe walking barefoot grounds our children and educators and improves balance and body awareness.
- We believe in ‘back to basics’ play, meaning we enable children to use their imagination during play episodes. Provocations such as loose parts and recycled materials are provided to children to spark their creativity and originality.
- We believe in children becoming valuable members of the community and equipping them with the knowledge of their local area.
- We believe in the teaching methods of Maria Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Rudolf Steiner and strive to amalgamate their methods for the benefit of our children.
- We believe that families are the children’s first and most influential teachers and we strive to build a strong, positive and reciprocal relationship with each family.