The safety and wellbeing of children and young people is everyone’s responsibility.
Every child and young person has the right to feel safe and we all have a shared responsibility to protect them from harm and abuse.
At Alphabet Preschool, we are committed to being a child safe organisation where all children and young people are valued and protected from harm and abuse.
Child Safe Standards
Alphabet Preschool is required by law to implement the Victorian Child Safe Standards to protect children and young people from harm and abuse.
The Child Safe Standards are a compulsory framework for Victorian organisations that provide services and facilities specifically for children and young people aged 0 to 18 years.
The Standards aim to:
- promote the safety of children
- prevent child abuse
- ensure organisations and businesses have effective processes in place to respond to and report all allegations of child abuse.
Organisations and community groups can learn more about the Standards from the Commission for Children and Young People
Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy
In response to new Child Safe Standards which come into effect on 1 July 2022, Alphabet Preschool has developed a Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy.
The Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy outlines our commitment to child safety and how we will work as a child safe and child friendly organisation to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
What to do…
If you are concerned about a child or young person’s safety
- If a child is in immediate danger, call 000 (triple zero)
- For immediate concerns and to report abuse, contact:
- Police on 000 (triple zero), and/or
- Child Protection on 1800 075 599 or after hours on 13 12 78.
If you have any child safety concerns or complaints regarding Alphabet Preschool
Alphabet Preschool has zero tolerance towards child abuse and takes all concerns and complaints about child safety in our organisation extremely seriously.
You can report a child safety concern or complaint about Alphabet Preschool in any of the following ways:
- phone us on 5248 2522
- face-to-face verbal report to any member of the team
- completing a Complaints / Grievance Form located here
- email our head of organisation : firstname.lastname@example.org
- directly contact the Commission for Children and Young People
If you or someone you know needs support or assistance
- Lifeline 13 11 14 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also text 0477 13 11 14 or chat online with a Crisis Supporter any time of the day or night.
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or connect with a Kids Helpline counsellor through webchat or email email@example.com
For further information on child safety, please view our Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy.